This email was just sent out to all GSA vendors:
As a GSA vendor you support the Federal buyer on a day to day basis. As many Federal agencies have been called upon to assist with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, we will be relying upon you to provide many of the necessary, and often life sustaining, products and services. As buyers look to GSA websites for information, we want to ensure that relevant information is easy to find. Here are some recommendations on how you can help us accomplish this:
- If you have provided a website link from GSA Advantage! and eLibrary, consider updating the information on your company website to highlight 1) items needed for the relief effort 2) pricing discounts available 3) company points of contact during business hours and after hours and 4) timeframes to delivery products and services to affected areas. Delivery time may be critical on many purchases. Many buyers may be trying to contact vendors outside of normal business hours.
- Buyers will be looking for opportunities to maximize available funding. If you are offering additional discounts during the relief and rebuilding effort, you can provide temporary price reductions on needed items in GSA Advantage! simply by updating your file. This information will be displayed to buyers for a specified period of time. Temporary price reductions do not require Contracting Officer approval and will be posted immediately. If you have questions about how to update your file, consult the Vendor Support Center website at vsc.gsa.gov.
- Buyers electing to use eBuy to obtain quotations may expect quick turn around times. Check eBuy often and be prepared to respond with pricing and delivery information for products/services under your GSA contract.
- GSA is updating GSA Advantage! and eLibrary to assist buyers in finding certain categories of products and services. We will be promoting the use of our electronic tools so make sure your GSA Advantage! files, text files, points of contact and website links are current and accurate. The company phone number displayed in eLibrary is input by your GSA Contracting Officer. To change your phone number displayed in eLibrary, contact your GSA Contracting Officer. Your e-mail and website addresses in eLibrary come from your GSA Advantage! catalog file. If your email or website address needs to be changed, you can update your electronic catalog file. If you have questions about how to update your file using the Schedule Input Program, consult the Vendor Support Center website at vsc.gsa.gov or contact your EDI provider.
- GSA is monitoring orders from Federal agencies involved in the disaster relief to ensure they are being received by vendors. Please handle these orders expeditiously. To obtain a list of vendors participating in the relief efforts , visit http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/ and look under What Government is Doing.
- If you are located in an affected area and are currently unable to receive orders from GSA Advantage!, please contact the GSA Advantage! helpdesk immediately to arrange an alternate method of receiving orders (i.e. e-mail, fax/mail address, etc.) The GSA Advantage! helpdesk may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-472-3777, option 2.
- A dedicated electronic mailbox has been established for MAS/GWAC contracting questions related to Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. Send your email inquiries to email@example.com. The mailbox will be closely monitored to ensure your questions are answered as quickly as possible.
- Many GSA contracting offices are directly involved in supporting the relief effort. If you would like to communicate with them about how your company can assist them, please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be available to GSA associates only.
Thank you in advance for your support.